For the Immune System and Lifting Dog Depression
Helping your dogs exercise increases health, reduces stress, depression and
bad behavior. Here’s the link between lack of exercise and disease and ideas
for both physical and mental exercise for dogs.
Dogs Exercise and Health
We all know exercise is good for us and good for our dogs but let me drive the point home. . .
Question: What single thing does every dog and human need MOST to live, be healthy and keep the body working?
Don't take this lightly. Oxygen is needed for every bodily process and the immune system and, well, everything! We can live without food for a few weeks. We can live without water for a few days but we'll all drop dead after just a few minutes without oxygen.
The more we move, the more oxygen we get, the better our bodies work so get your dog moving and move with him (or her).
Not exercising and not moving very much isn't natural and takes a tremendous toll on dog health, as it does with ours.
Every disease is positively impacted by your dogs exercise.
medical studies, billions of dollars are spent to prove the
effectiveness of drugs. When drugs are measured against exercise, the
drug often loses. Read more at Exercise and Disease.
Exercise and the Immune System
Did you know without physical activity, the lymph system shuts down?
When your dogs exercise, the body creates a need to stay fit. It feels
alive through movement, receives more oxygen and gets the immune system
running. (Read what is The Immune System)
Not only is stamina increased, the added oxygen and movement speed up
the metabolism, helping to detoxify and cleanse the canine body.
This natural method of out with the bad and in with the good,
increases resistance to disease. Remember, a couch potato (dog or
human) loses its resistance and more easily succumbs to disease and
Ideas for Your Dogs Exercise
Remember many of these ideas give you the opportunity to enhance your role as leader to your dog. Never
let your dog walk or run ahead of you. Not only will he be your leader,
which means he doesn't have to listen to you, but you put yourself at
risk of getting hurt! I've actually known folks with broken arms,
sprained legs and even a broken jaw from being pulled, dragged or
tripped by their dog!
- Run or jog with your dog by your side. It's a great bonding activity.
- Walk with him beside you. Don't let him stop to sniff or pee until you say so. This is a favorite. Walk at a good pace and leave your iPhone at home. Relax and enjoy the time together and you will both feel wonderful.
- A Backpack with a little weight will make her exert a little more energy during the activity of your choice. (The pack pack is for the dog silly, not you.)
- A Treadmill is a great choice for rainy days or your canine needs more physical activity than you do. (My dogs only want to get on it if I'm on it!)
- Throw a Ball, stick or toy. Whatever your dog will bring back will give him a workout, especially before a walk if he tends to pull.
- Chase the Light. Using a flashlight or penlight can keep her moving and both of you entertained.
- Jumping. A fun game for both of you. Try it! I remember one of my dogs could jump nearly 7 feet vertically for a toy from a standing position and he loved doing it. Find things your dog loves to do and you have a winner.
- Obstacle course Invent your own! As simple as
this sounds, my Lulu will naturally do a figure eight through my legs until she's panting (unless my legs sting too much from the whack
of her tail and I make her stop.)
- Search and Eat This game uses instincts. It doesn't really count as physical exercise, it's just fun. I used to do this when I had several dogs. I'd make them sit and wait in the doorway to the living room while I hid a dozen tiny treats. I did varying levels from plain sight to under a pillow or toy or chair. The waiting was hard for them as they shifted from foot to foot. When I said "Okay!" They were off and searching. Now that's entertainment !
Notice: Supplements for Your Dog
I sell NSP (Nature's Sunshine) herbs and supplements for your dog. These are strictly tested and made for human consumption.
To get proper doses for your dog you must purchase through me. I've spent a great deal of time choosing the right combinations and doses per weight for your canine kid.
WARNING: DO NOT FOLLOWING DOSING DIRECTIONS ON THE LABEL. THEY ARE TOO POTENT FOR DOGS